This example shows Minimal Third Party Reference, or simple identification, of a third party relationship on 3M packaging. Packaging typically will not employ the other approach, where a defined zone is leveraged to communicate the third party connection.
- Make the 3M identity the most prominent.
- As with any 3M communication, follow general 3M identity standards for the package that you are creating.
- Clarify the relationship between 3M and the affiliated company based on the precise legal arrangements in place.
- Place the third party logo and relationship copy (such as “Distributed by) in a location clearly separated from the 3M logo. If the 3M logo is in the upper left hand corner, put the third party information in the lower right.
- Scale the third party logo at 1/2 the M-height of the 3M logo or smaller. The goal is to maintain the prominence of the 3M logo and make clear that the product is from 3M, and not the third party.
Package with logo
Package with copy only