This example shows Minimal Third Party Reference, or simple identification, of a third party relationship in 3M advertising.
- Make the 3M identity the most prominent.
- As with any 3M communication, follow general 3M identity standards for the advertisement that you are creating.
- Clarify the relationship between 3M and the affiliated company based on the precise legal arrangements in place.
- Place the third party logo and relationship copy (such as “Distributed by) in a location clearly separated from the 3M logo.
- Scale the third party logo at 1/2 to 3/4 the M-height of the 3M logo. The goal is to maintain the prominence of the 3M logo and make clear that the ad is from 3M, and not the third party.