If you are a 3M authorized dealer, distributor or fabricator developing a Web site that features 3M products and services, the following guidelines will help you to use 3M assets and standards correctly.
• Note that it is very important that you do not frame a 3M Web site within
• Remember, the 3M logo should never appear in your Web site banner.
• The text identifying your relationship to 3M may be anywhere other than
on your banner. The 3M logo or a 3M product name should never appear
within your home page banner or page headers.
• Always display the 3M logo in 3M Red. 3M Red on-screen values (RGB):
R: 255; G: 0; B: 0.
• The text identifying your relationship to 3M may be black or reversed to
white. Avoid red text.
• Do not use graphic images from 3M.com without first obtaining permission
from your 3M contact.
• Do not use the 3M logo within text. Any references made to 3M within text
should appear in the same type as the surrounding text.
• Only use the 3M logo with identifying copy (e.g., “authorized dealer”). The
3M logo with identifying copy can be an image map that links to 3M.com.
• Do not use the 3M logo as part of a text hot link. Hot links to 3M.com that
appear in text format should appear in the same type as the surrounding
• Never use 3M or a 3M product name as your domain identifier--it must
follow the domain slash separator. Using 3M or a 3M product name in your
domain identifier implies to the Web user that you are part of 3M.