Mobile applications help us meet the demands and expectations of our customers on smart phones, tablets and other devices, connecting with them wherever they are. The following examples and standards are intended to provide general guidance for visually expressing the 3M Brand Identity System for mobile applications. Contact _(3M team to advise)__ for assistance developing 3M Branded applications.
- Divide the width of the icon shape in half.
- Position the 3M Red logo in the upper-left corner on a white
background with 1/2 “M” clear space on all sides within the
- Imagery should be extremely simple and represent the brand, business, product or function of the application.
- Imagery may bleed off the bottom and sides of the icon.
- Use upper- and lower-case letters for the icon name.
- If you include type as part of the icon, use the Helvetica Neue
Condensed font family in black or white. Follow typography guidelines for montage messaging.
Mobile Application Start-up Screen
- As with other applications, mobile application start-up screens should include the three key visual elements of the 3M Brand Identity System:
1) a 3M Red logo on a white background
2) Helvetica Neue Condensed typography 3) a 3M montage.
- Position the 3M Red logo in the upper-left corner with at least 1/2 “M” clear space on all sides.
- Size the logo (width) approximately one-third of the width of the screen.
- The 3M montage field may bleed off the bottom and sides with the montage message reversed out in white (not shown).
- The montage message may need to be shorter and more descriptive of the product or function of the application than on other communications to help users distinguish between multiple 3M applications.
- Follow typography guidelines for montage messaging.