Promotion, Program & Event Applications
The communication examples below were developed to demonstrate how a theme may be extended across multiple applications for any 3M promotion, program or event. Additional guidelines are available for .
When evaluating any 3M brand communication, ask yourself:
- Do I immediately recognize 3M?
- Does it include the three key visual elements of the 3M Brand Identity System? 1) a 3M Red logo on a white background; 2) Helvetica Neue Condensed typography; 3) a 3M montage.
- Does it tell a story of how one idea leads to another?
Also consider using 3M™ Visual Attention Service (VAS) to evaluate your layout when developing themed communications. VAS uses proven scientific analysis to show which elements will grab immediate attention and offers actionable results to optimize the design for maximum impact.
The examples below were developed to support a fictitious National Sales Meeting, though the same general design principles would apply to other promotions or programs. Because sales meetings typically focus on teamwork, performance, competitive knowledge, and strategy, a sports theme was developed to reinforce these ideas.
- Follow the standards for literature or download a template.
- Design themed 3M montages so they can be leveraged and integrated throughout other communications.
Print Advertising & Direct Mail
- Follow the standards for print advertising and direct mail or download a template for integrating the theme design and messaging on these applications.
Promotional Email and Web Page
- Follow the standards for E-mail Marketing or Web sites for integrating the theme design and messaging for these applications.
- Messaging should be limited to the event name or theme and call to action statement.
Signage and Name Tags
- Themed 3M montage is adapted to appropriate size and shape.
- Themed montage is minimized in signage and name tags, to support directional, functional or personal information.
- Follow the standards for 3M Branded Merchandise for integrating the theme design and messaging on these applications.
Introductory Kit/Sample Pack
- Themed introductory kits can be made more memorable by adding other related elements, objects, or artifacts.
- Common design elements are integrated into each item to maintain consistency.
Promote 3M and build loyalty by giving your employees, partners and customers 3M Branded Merchandise such as shirts, caps, jackets, pens and mugs.
- If feasible, incorporate themed 3M montage elements across the top of plaques.
- Use only 3M approved suppliers.