Promotions, Programs & Events
Promotions, Programs and Events present unique opportunities to generate excitement and launch new products or programs. They have defined beginning and end dates, or reoccur on a regularly scheduled basis. When developing a promotion, program or event, five simple steps can be taken in order to help ensure its success:
Start with these five simple steps to help develop a relevant, engaging and consistently applied theme for your promotion, program or event:
- Define the program, promotion or event based on your objectives, timing and necessary tactics.
- Build off the business, product or service’s value proposition and benefits or the purpose of the event in development of a theme.
- Develop the theme by ideating on the original, memorable, and clever and then refine it to strengthen its relevance.
- Determine how the theme fits into the competitive landscape. Is it original? How will it influence change? How does it strengthen the business’s position? Does it respect and positively reflect the 3M brand? Does it generate curiosity? Does it help tell our story of collaborative innovation?
- Maximize promotional investments by considering how the theme will apply to every touch point, including social media, direct mail, advertising, handouts, signage, Web sites and more. Visit the 3M Branded Merchandise section to learn how to create 3M branded merchandise to be worn by employees or distributed to attendees.