Three-Level Literature System
Level Three Literature
Level three literature communicates even more specific details about a particular product or service to help the customer make more informed buying decisions. It answers the question, “How do I order, specify or use 3M products?” Level three pieces may include a horizontal 3M montage banner across the top, if space permits. If used, it is not necessary to include montage messaging type or white space above it.
Visit the imagery, 3M montage, and typography pages for further information. Adobe® InDesign® templates, including style sheets, grids, and correct positioning for logo, text, montage banner, and both address systems are available in the Download Library.
Level Three - Front Page
Level Three - Back Page
Level Three - Single-sided (option without montage banner)
- Include a horizontal 3M montage banner across the top, if space permits (up to 1-1/4 inches deep).
- Avoid placing critical images too close to the edges, as they may be cut off when printed on office printers.
- Design with full color for maximum impact when viewed electronically, but provide enough contrast to accommodate one-color office printers. Use black when one-color printing is required.
- Imagery is primarily product-focused, with supporting people and pattern images.
- The headlines are set in Helvetica Neue 67 Medium Condensed 24/24.
- The subheads are set in Helvetica Neue 67 Medium Condensed 16/16.
- The body copy is set in Times Roman 10/16.
- Bold chart text is set in Helvetica Neue 77 Bold Condensed 9/11. Regular chart text is set in Helvetica Neue 57 Regular Condensed 9/11.
- Text for captions is set in Helvetica Neue 57 Regular Condensed 9/10.
- A 40 pt 3M Red logo is positioned in the lower right corner with 1/2 inch margin on the front of multiple page communications.
- Use the standard 3M address system on the last page of multiple page communications.