Sponsorship ads for an event, cause or organization often promote the role of the sponsor(s). Public service ads are placed for similar reasons in broadcast or print media for no cost. 3M Community Affairs must approve all 3M sponsorships.
- 3M Community Affairs must approve all 3M sponsorships. You may contact Community Affairs at 3MCommunityGiving@mmm.com.
- A 3M logo is positioned with a clear space of at least 1/2 “M” from the “Sponsorship Description” type (i.e., Sponsored by, Proud Sponsor, Brought to you by, etc.) when 3M is the sole sponsor.
- When 3M is one of several sponsors, the logos should be displayed so they appear visually equal in prominence, or sized based on the level of sponsorship.
- Always request that the sponsor maintain a clear space of at least 1/2 “M” on all sides of the 3M logo.
- Using a 3M Red logo is always preferred. In some cases, the host organization may require a one-color logo for some or all of the sponsors’ logos. This should be reviewed on a case-by-case basis with the 3M Corporate Identity, Design and Communications team. Black is the only other color allowed. No other color, including white, may be used for a 3M logo.