Helps ensure an effective therapeutic dose is delivered
The basic principle of the requires patients to press and breathe simultaneously. While many patients are able to coordinate these actions adequately to receive an effective dose, some patients find it difficult and may benefit from the use of a breath-activated device.
The 3M Autohaler™ was developed by 3M to trigger actuation as the patient breathes in, helping ensure patients receive their full dose of medication. 3M has produced more than 100 million autohaler devices, which have been incorporated into top brands, including Airomir™, Qvar™ and Maxair™.
Proven respiratory products for licensing partnerships in China
Salbutamol and beclometasone account for one third of worldwide respiratory product sales providing a unique commercial opportunity. 3M is ready to partner with you to bring Airomir® (salbutamol sulphate) and Qvar® (beclometasone dipropionate), two internationally respected premium respiratory products with a worldwide track record of success, to your market in combination with our traditional press-and-breathe device or, for Qvar, the option of our patient-friendly 3M Autohaler breath-actuated device.
Respiratory products for License in China
Airomir® (CFC-free salbutamol sulphate)
Airomir, a leading salbutamol brand worldwide1, is licensed for the treatment of symptomatic asthma and other conditions associated with reversible airways obstruction, including prevention of exercise-induced asthma.
- Over 18MM prescriptions written in the US alone2
- Contains microcrystalline salbutamol sulfate suspended in norflurane, to meet Montreal Protocol requirements
- Approved for patients as young as 4 years of age
- Available in combination with our press-and-breathe device
Qvar® (CFC-free beclometasone dipropionate)
Qvar contains beclometasone, the world's leading corticosteroid1 with a long history of efficacy, and is licensed for the treatment of mild, moderate or severe asthma.
- The world's first CFC-free beclometasone, meeting Montreal Protocol requirements, and the world's leading beclometasone brand1
- Formulated with smaller particle size to improve lung deposition (up to 58%) even in small airways3,4
- Only small particle inhaled corticosteroid (ICS) product approved for patients as young as 5 years of age
- Proven more cost effective than other ICS asthma therapy options5
- Available in combination with our press-and-breathe or Autohaler device
Contact Us to learn how our technology could work for you:
3 Leach CL, Davidson PJ, Hasselquist BE, Boudreau RJ. Lung deposition of hydrofluoroalkane-134a beclometasone is greater than that of chlorofluorocarbon fluticasone and chlorofluorocarbon beclometasone: a cross-over study in healthy volunteers. Chest. 2002;122:510-516.
4 Leach CL. Effect of formulation parameters on hydrofluoroalkane-beclometasone dipropionate drug deposition in humans. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 1999;104:S250-S252.
5 E. Sims, L. Kemp, P. Dorinsky, D. Price. QVAR pMDI is more cost-effective than fluticasone propionate (FP) or CFC-beclometasone dipropionate (BDP) pMDI in a real-life asthmatic population receiving an increase in ICS dose. ERS Annual Congress, 2009.