Delivering a competitive advantage for our partners
Because it is target specific, inhalation drug delivery has fundamental advantages for therapy of diseases of the respiratory tract, including asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). Drugs administered by inhalation minimize systemic absorption and adverse effects compared with drugs that must travel through the gastrointestinal tract. This market continues to grow as new developments expand this delivery route to larger molecules, such as proteins and peptides.
With a successful 50-year history that includes development of the first metered-dose inhaler (MDI) and first CFC-free propellant pMDI, 3M Drug Delivery Systems is a global leader in inhalation technology. More than just systems and components, 3M delivers the expertise, efficiency and flexibility you need to gain a competitive advantage. We partner with you to:
- Solve unique formulation challenges
- Differentiate and protect your pMDI product with optimized components
- Support and guide you throughout the development process, including regulatory filings
- Save you time and money with vertically integrated production and manufacturing
- Meet worldwide production and supply needs while maintaining rigorous global standards