3M™ Cloud Library
3M has simplified e-book lending for libraries! Let the 3M Cloud Library app help you drive traffic to your library, build awareness of ebooks, and connect to your community.
- We make it easy for your patrons to access ebooks, so they can read when they want and how they want.
- We've partnered with major publishers to provide the best and most popular content to your library, and we're constantly adding more items to bolster your collection.
- Optional accessories enhance the 3M Cloud library experience and drive traffic to your collection, from in-library Discovery Stations, to lendable eReaders that help all patrons enjoy the benefits of e-reading.
- And our personalized service experts will be there every step of the way to help you implement and enhance your collection.
To learn more, register for a free 3M™ Cloud webinar, exclusively designed for library staff and consultants, or contact us for more information.
- Fast and easy app installation for faster book access
- No need to fill out extensive personal information or create a Adobe ID - patrons simply fill in their state, library name, library barcode and PIN
- Ability to use personal accounts to access e-books across all their devices (tablet, smartphone, computer).
- Bookmark feature, so patrons can check out an e-book on an iPad, take notes while reading on a PC and finish the book on an Adroid device!
- Patron freedom to browse your collection from home, or in the library
- Ability to discover new titles
- Access to downloadable apps
Helpful Library Tools
- Create shelves and lists of Cloud library books you think would interest your community -- from summer reading lists to staff favorites
- Customize the app by placing your logo at the top of the page
- Use the message center to connect to your twitter feed
Launching 3M Cloud Library
3M will be with you through every step of onboarding the Cloud Library and launching it to your community. We provide the following free support for 3M Cloud:
- A project manager specifically assigned to you, who will explain the onboarding process and secure training for your staff, to help you build your 3M Cloud collection and support your patrons in using the reader-friendly apps.
- Training options, including both live webinar sessions and pre-recorded training which staff can take on their own.
- Marketing assistance, launch kits and best practice suggestions for promoting the 3M Cloud to your community.
How we begin:
Step 1: Your project manager will send you a welcome kit, host a welcome session with you to explain the onboarding process, introduce you to key contacts at 3M, and provide the monthly training schedule.
Step 2: Libraries can chose either live webinars with our experienced trainers, or take self guided training on their own. Training sessions include review of the Library Tool for administration and content selection, and focused training on the patron apps and Cloud hardware for staff who will be offering support to the community.
Step 3: We complete the training cycle with a session focused on answering questions and explaining the tools we have to support community launch, such as graphics for your website, posters, press release copy, and giveways such as bookmarks and pens. We'll also share community outreach best practices we’ve learned from other library partners.
Step 4: We continue working with libraries post-launch to help you add depth to your ebook collections and reach new patrons through various marketing tools and strategies.
The 3M Cloud Library currently works with iPad® , iPhone® , iPod Touch®, Nook devices®, Sony®, Kobo®, and Android® tablets and phones.
Join one of our regular weekly webinars and learn more about the 3M Cloud Library from the Cloud Library experts! Tailored for library professionals, this webinar will help answer your questions, and show you how the Cloud works.
Register for a free 3M Cloud Library webinar
Discover the best way to lend ebooks! This video gives you a look at all the 3M Cloud offers, from access to best-selling books from top publishers, to easy-to-use hardware and software for you and your patrons, to amazing support and service. See how it works!
3M Cloud Library Overview Video
3M is a trademark of 3M Company. Used under license in Canada. iPad, iPod touch and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. NOOK is a trademark of Barnes & Noble, Inc. Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. Kobo is a registered trademark of Kobo Inc. Sony is a registered trademark of the Sony Corporation