Library Staff Solutions
Built to Exceed Expectations
For more than 40 years, 3M has offered affordable library systems to automate sorting (AMH)
, self checkout
and security detection systems
to free library staff for other activities and protect library assets.
- Our library staff solutions are designed to meet small, medium and large library objectives.
- Backed by 3M's guarantee: we support you with a robust customer service center plus an unmatched nationwide network of dedicated, on-site service technicians.
- Our library system products are not repurposed industrial solution, nor do they require your library staff to trouble-shoot -- they are designed and built specifically for libraries, to keep you up and running!
When it comes to library automation and library security, there is no one who does it better than 3M. Built to exceed your expectations so your staff can do what they do best: connect people to literature, information and media.
For more information on 3M's library staff solutions, please request a 3M Library Systems Sales Representative, or contact us.
- 3M Cloud Library expands your services into wireless browsing and borrowing, and Internet-free reading on most devices.
- Check-in/Check-out software interfaces are multi-language and simple enough for a child to use.
- 3M AMH equipment is designed to gently and speedily identify, check-in, and sort books and other media to drastically reduce staff hours spent sorting. Our modular library systems can be configured to meet your investment requirements and floor plan.
- 3M Security Systems are based on Electro Magnetic (EM), Radio Frequency (RF) and RFID technology to protect your greatest asset from theft--with the fewest false alarms in the industry.
- 3M offers expert maintenance and repair and dedicated on-site technicians to keep your lending library in business.
3M makes e-lending simple, with fewer clicks and no log-in IDs required! 3M™ Cloud™ has partnered with publishers to help you build and own your e-book library with the most popular titles. 3M also proudly partners with Polaris Library Systems, a leading library automation software provider, to bring a faster, easier and more enjoyable experience to patrons.
Our 3M™ Discovery Station Terminals and let readers find and check out e-books that are accessible on almost any device.
A space-saving system that combines self-service check-in with automated sorting for quick return of your materials to the stacks. An easy-to-use, intuitive interface allows library patrons to instantly check their items in. The AMH system sorts the items into bins, helping speed their return to the stacks.
3M's AMH system’s modular, space-saving design is flexible enough to meet your needs and budget. Contact us for a free site evaluation!
View 3M AMH Systems
As circulation and traffic in libraries increases, so does the risk of theft. 3M Security Solutions protect your library materials—especially high-circulation items—from loss or theft through the use of Electro Magnetic (EM), Radio Frequency (RF) and Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technologies.
3M Security Systems provide the lowest false-alarm rate in the industry; in addition we offer a broad range of library security products to suit most budgets.
View all Security Systems
Use barcode and Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology to increase staff productivity and service. 3M offers a variety of systems to meet your needs.
R-Series: reads barcodes, 3M™ RFID Tags, and processes multiple items simultaneously.
BCS-Series: provides fast, efficient, barcode-only materials checkout and check-in.
V-Series: offers the superior protection of Tattle-Tape™ Security with a distinctive V-design.
View all 3M SelfCheck products
Only 3M has over 100 technicians around the country to help keep your library lending! Fast-acting on-site experts PLUS 24/7 phone support, gives you the personalized support you need.
We know it is important to protect your library system investment. With a 3M Service Agreement, you get the best of 3M – industry-leading equipment, expert maintenance and repair, and the support options that work best for you.
3M offers local, expert technicians, a stocked service fleet to restore critical operations quickly , on-site preventive care, and automatic software updates.
3M™ Cloud™ Library has partnered with publishers to help you build and own your e-book library with the most popular titles. 3M also proudly partners with Polaris Library Systems, a leading library automation software provider, to bring a faster, easier and more enjoyable experience to patrons.
Keep your library moving faster with 3M's Automated Materials Handling products. 3M's easy-to-use intuitive interface allows library patrons to instantly check their items in, after which the system sorts the items into bins, helping speed their return to the stacks.