Now there are even more ways to discover more titles!
With 3M™ Discovery Stations, library patrons can browse and discover digital content right in the library. By encouraging patrons to browse your collection, discover new titles, and download apps, the 3M™ Cloud Library drives traffic to your library and builds awareness of e-books.
3M™ Cloud e-Readers are easy to use and made specifically for lending environments. No credit card is required and they synchronize quickly with your e-book collection. Providing Cloud e-readers for lending makes e-books accessible to members of your community who don't have their own devices.
To learn more, register for a free 3M™ Cloud webinar, exclusively designed for library staff and consultants, or contact us for more information.
Pocket Book 602 (Raptor):
- 6" diagonal e-ink Vizplex 600x800 166 dpi display
- 533 Mhz processor
- 256 MB RAM
- 2 GB hard disk
- Linux OS
- Book formats: PDF (normal and DRM), EPUB (normal and DRM), TXT, RTF, HTML, CHM, DOC
- Battery: Li-Polymer 3.7 V 1530 mAh
- Dimensions: 5.2 x 7.2 x 0.4 inches (W x H x D)
- Weight: 8.8 oz
3M™ Discovery Station
- Intel Core i3 processor
- 23" diagonal widescreen WLED backlit LCD with resolution of 1920 x 1080
- Vertical viewing angle: 178 degrees Horizontal viewing angle: 178 degrees
- 7 USB ports
- Windows 7 Professional (32 bit)
- 2 GB RAM
- 500 BM hard disk
- Gigabit ethernet connection
- 802.11 b/g/n wireless
- Dimentions (h x w x d) 16.0 x 23.0 x 3.8 in
- weight 20 lbs
- Base: 20" x 20"
- Height: 36"
- Weight: 60 lbs
Shipped on 40 x 48 pallet, 30 inches high, approx ship wt 90-100 lbs.
Power and network requirements:
A standard power outlet within 4-5 feet of the kiosk is required. We recommend using a wired ethernet connection, or positioning the kiosk in a place with very strong wireless signal, as network connectivity is required for the application.