3M™ Firestop Management System
Improving fire barrier management is a critical component of any healthcare facility. The innovative 3M™ Firestop Management System is a flexible fire protection software program designed to help you take control of your entire fire barrier management process — from managing new construction projects to the review of current facility conditions.
As your trusted brand and life safety partner, 3M proudly provides:
- A comprehensive line of passive fire protection products, designed for a wide range of listed installations.
- Technical expertise, installer/facility training and ongoing customer service.
- Cost-effective solutions for more accurate data management and improved contractor coordination.
- Help providing critical information and quality installations needed for your Statement of Conditions.
- Proven 3M firestopping technology that helps you meet building code requirements and pass Joint Commission and other critical life safety inspections.
- Experts to tailor a fire protection software program for your specific healthcare facility requirements.
To schedule a presentation or for more information on 3M™ Firestop Management System, please contact us. Existing 3M Firestop Management system users, please log in below.
3M™ Facility Management Solution Details
3M™ Firestop Management System is designed to help you take control of the fire barrier management process. To help your facility develop and maintain firestop life safety requirements, 3M's comprehensive approach to risk management includes six basic steps:
1) Professional firestop training
4) Program Development
Effective firestopping solutions help save lives, while protecting equipment and property. 3M's full line of fire protection products are rigorously tested to ensure they meet applicable life safety codes. Best of all, 3M stands behind these products with best-in-class professional service and technical support every step of the way. We offer a complete line of fire protection products to help you meet building and life safety code requirements:
3M offers several web-based applications for contractors and facility managers to help take the guesswork out of the installation process. The 3M™ Firestop Management System simplifies ongoing firestop maintenance by giving you facility-wide control and monitoring capabilities at your fingertips with our proprietary fire protection software. Additional online tools developed for ease of use and enhanced functionality.
3M offers a wide range of customizable solutions designed to enhance your fire barrier
management process and to help you meet building and life safety codes as well as pass
Joint Commission and other critical inspections (including DNV, Centers for Medical and Medicaid Services (CMS), State Survey Agencies). Specific features help healthcare facilities pass Joint Commission and other key life safety inspections, including:
- Security - Administrator, Supervisor and Contractor roles of responsibility
- Managing Contractors (monitor contractor access, locations and projects; issue contractors' worksite permits to track worker access, project location and critical information through daily building passes)
- Generating Reports for firestop system inventory and contractor status
- Defining customer needs (review existing conditions)
- Creating Drawings on Plans
- Photos & Documents - documentation support and retention (As-Built Binder or FMS reports) including the ability to upload and maintain library of operational files such as such as life safety drawings, policies and procedures for staff and contractor use; plus the ability to store, view and attach photos or documents for reference or inspecition purposes
- Technical Support (including Engineering Judgments)
- Fire Barrier System Management down to every building, room, floor and wall (implementation and on-going support)
- Facility Auditing & Data - building, floor/smoke compartment, room/description, grid, hourly rating
- Control Questions - coordinate/comply with relevant facility departments such as Infection Control, Life Safety Management and Facilities Engineering.
- Warning Labels - automated generation of fire barrier warning labels with the click of a mouse, including barcode reference.
- Permit Report & Installations Reports - readily generate reports for firestop systems inventory and contractor status for easy inspections.
- Joint Commission Inspection Support (via trained 3M FPP representatives)
- Reference your facilities-specified 3M firestopping systems, products and documentation.
- 3M™ Submittal Wizard
- 3M™ Professional Firestop Training
- 3M™ Firestop System Selector
From providing documentation for capital funding projects to assisting in the preparation of your Statement of Conditions (SOC), 3M offers the support and tools needed to help facilitate virtually every step of fire barrier management in new or renovation construction. We also help existing facilities implement and maintain a fire barrier program for ongoing life safety compliance and project control.