Expectations for 3M Leadership
3M supervisors, managers and other leaders have additional responsibilities for employees and others acting on 3M’s behalf. 3M leaders, up to and including the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Financial Officer and other members of senior management, must:
- Set a strong example of ethical conduct.
- Provide training, education, and resources to support employees in complying with the Code.
- Require their employees to take their business conduct courses and certify compliance with the Code of Conduct.
- Ensure that anyone who reports a suspected violation or who cooperates in a company investigation is protected from retaliation.
- Encourage employees to speak up if they have questions or concerns. Discipline misconduct and reward good behavior.
- Follow 3M’s escalation requirements and be aware that some issues have mandatory escalation requirements.