Use our Energy Savings Estimator to calculate the amount 3M may help you save this heating season
The cost of heating your home may be rising, but there's something you can do. Let us help you save hundreds of dollars* with 3M™ Window Insulator Kits. They help keep the warm air in and cold drafts out. And your energy bill down.
A home with 10 windows in Green Bay, WI, could have an average annual savings of $270 by using window insulator kits from 3M.
* See details at bottom of page.
Get your home ready for winter with 3M energy solutions. Our window insulator kits are easy to install, and help keep your utility bill low during the cold months. Plus they use Scotch® Window Film Mounting Tape for long-lasting hold and have the clearest film that won't get in the way of your view.
Find these and other 3M products at a retailer near you or purchase online.
Looking for ways to lower your utility bill? Following the simple steps below can also help save you money.
1. Turn your thermostat down four degrees.
2. Lower your water heater to 120°F, and wrap exposed hot water lines.
3. Change your furnace filter every 3 months.
4. Insulate electrical outlets on exterior-facing walls with foam gaskets.
5. Only run full loads in the washing machine and dishwasher.
6. Keep your dryer's lint filter and vent clean.
And remember, when you seal up your house, don't forget about your indoor air quality. Go to filtrete.com to learn more.
*Using a 3M window insulator kit can save up to $17 per window this heating season. Values based on averages from the northern half of the United States. Actual energy savings are subject to change and will vary depending on furnace and window type, average indoor/outdoor temperature, length of heating season and other factors. Savings based on energy costs as of August 2012 fuel costs.
Weather Sealing Tapes
3M™ High-Temperature Flue Tape stops hot air leaks where they start – the seams of your heating ducts. Use our weather sealing tape around windows and doors to keep cold air out.
• Flue tape is heat resistant to 600°F
• Weather tape is flexible – conforms to angles and curves
• Seals cracks to reduce energy loss
• Decreases heating costs
The double-sided adhesive tape that's made especially for use with 3M™ Window Insulator Kits. Helps to hold the film in place all season long.
• The half-inch in tape width makes it easy to apply
around window frames and casings
• The tape is easy to apply and has a ready-to-peel liner
• Creates a strong bond between the surface, tape and
film, securing an air tight seal
Keep winter drafts out and warm air in with 3M™ Window Insulator Kits. The difference is the Scotch® Window Film Tape.
• Shrinks tight for a transparent, wrinkle-free fit
• Double-sided tape seals off cracks and crevices
• Lowers heating costs
• Quick & easy installation
• Kits available for a variety of window sizes
Available in the following kits:
• 2 Windows Kit
• 5 Windows Kit
• Patio Door Kit
• Oversized Window Kit