3M Global Leadership
Worldwide, 3M helps provide sustainable, economic solutions for maintaining and protecting our critical water infrastructure. A recognized leader in research and development, 3M's core strength is applying its more than 40 distinct technology platforms to help solve the wide array of problems affecting our global customers.
The 3M™ Scotchkote™ branded family of products have been protecting infrastructure around the global for over 50 years:
- These products are designed to extend the useful life of critical assets and allow those assets to operate more efficiently throughout their life cycle.
- Our range of products are designed to benefit our customers at every stage of the asset life cycle—from OEM coatings applied to new pipes, tanks or valves at the factory to our latest in situ water pipe rehabilitation products that can help renew aging infrastructure without the high cost and social impact associated with excavation and replacement.
- The ability to reinstate a water main within 90 minutes of lining allows for same day return to service—reducing total cost, shortening construction schedules and minimizing disruptions to water customers, traffic and local businesses.
- These time and cost advantages allow water providers to address more of their issues in a single construction season, helping to extend utility capital budgets a little more each year.
When it comes to utility asset management, the 3M Dynatel branded family of locating and marking solutions provide a range of options for electronic marking, tracking and locating critical buried assets:
- The 3M Electronic Marker System (EMS) helps save water utilities time and money by enabling utility field crews to quickly pinpoint the location of buried facilities including valves, bends, clean-outs and road crossings.
- Using EMS markers during construction, installation and maintenance virtually eliminates the time consuming search for hard-to-locate facilities.
Whether its preventative coatings used before installation, rehabilitation products used to extend service life, or asset locating and marking solutions, 3M Water Infrastructure is committed to providing sustainable, economic solutions for maintaining and protecting your critical water infrastructure.
Explore 3M Water Infrastructure industry solutions