Glass or Acrylic substrate, Spacer dots, Polyester sheet(s), ITO Film
Principle of Operation
- A touch compresses the flexible Top layer into contact with the bottom glass layer.
- A voltage gradient is applied to the top and bottom layer (X and Y axis) of each row and column sequentially.
- The controller calculates the X and Y position of the touch or touches based on the voltage gradient applied to one side of the node and using the opposite side of the node as a voltage probe.
- Full Multi-touch capabilities including advanced gestures
- Low Cost
- Stylus Independence
- Multi-user collaboration potential
- PET top sheet is highly susceptible to scratches, cuts and cigarette burns
- PET layer is a flexing mechanical element coated with a conductive ceramic which wears with every flex
- Transmission typically in 80% to 85%