3M PCT Multi-Touch Technology
3M PCT Multi-touch Technology, based on 3M Projected Capacitive touch technology and electronics, offers software developers fast, accurate and simultaneous 20-finger touch functionality (with less than 6 millisecond response time for all 20 fingers) for creating next-generation, multitouch applications.
3M PCT Multi-touch Technology is compatible with Windows 7 by communicating directly (via USB HID protocol) with the operating system's touch interface to support gesture actions like flick, pinch and expand, and image rotation. Developers can use these cues to create complex, multi-finger or multi-user applications.
3M PCT Multi-touch Technology works seamlessly with Windows 7 touch drivers. For Windows XP/Vista and Linux operating systems, 3M provides multi-touch drivers. For other operating systems, USB and RS-232 communication protocol reference documents are available for writing drivers to interface with the 3M PCT Multi-touch Technology.
3M PCT Multi Touch Technology has received Windows Touch Additional Qualification (AQ) for multi-touch interactivity.
Unique attributes of this technology are:
- 20-finger multi-touch input
- Less than 6ms multi-touch response time (for all 20 fingers) for applications that are speed sensitive
- Precise, accurate touch for detailed applications
- Multi-user and multi-tasking capabilities
- Projected Capacitive touch technology with a durable glass front surface
3M Multi-touch Display
- Coming in May 2010: 22-inch high-resolution, commercial-grade display. Click here for product details and information on how to receive notification on product availability.
Click here to send us your questions about the 3M Multi-touch Technology or Displays.