3M Touch Systems to Exhibit Multi-touch Products at InfoComm 2012
At InfoComm 2012 (June 13-15, 2012 in Las Vegas, Nevada), 3M Touch Systems will be exhibiting a wide variety of multi-touch products, ranging from sleek desktop displays to robust chassis displays to a 46” collaboration table concept and a 32” optically-bonded display. Visit the 3M Touch @ InfoComm preview site, and stop by Booth N1841 in North Hall to explore the Touch Systems solutions.
Information on 3M multi-touch desktop and chassis displays can be found at www.3m.com/multitouch.
In addition to InfoComm 2012, 3M Touch Systems will be exhibiting at these upcoming events:
The touch industry reference site, sponsored by 3M, has been refreshed this month and now includes these featured sections:
- Touch Technologies: We’ve enhanced this overview, that includes advantages and disadvantages, of commercially-available touch technologies, and added three new multi-touch technologies: Frustrated Total Internal Reflection (FTIR), Matrix Resistive and Pixel Sense.
- Touch Terminology: We’ve expanded the list of common touch-specific terms with definitions that provide additional insight into these industry-standard terms, as well as a primer on what “multi-touch” really means.
- Display Terminology: This new section introduces key terms and definitions related to touchscreen displays that include important LCD characteristics like resolution and viewing angle.
- Multi-Touch Software Vendors: Software is a key piece for enabling highly-engaging user experiences, so we’ve collected a list of companies who have demonstrated that they are building platforms and high performance applications that have fast and responsive multi-touch interactivity.
New “Interactive Point of Purchase” and “Retail Brand Experience” Multi-touch Application Success Stories Available
This month we’ve added two new Application Success Stories to our library:
- Interactive Point of Purchase (iPOP) talks about how a premium paint manufacturer developed an interactive paint selector system using multiple 3M 18.5” Multi-touch Desktop Displays.
- Retail Brand Experience provides insight into how a major department store used 3M 32” Multi-touch Chassis Displays to entertain children in key departments to allow parents to shop nearby.