TouchWare installation stalls during the serial com port search
The installation may stall when installing the driver on systems containing multiple serial devices. The solution is to temporarily disable the com port for the other devices while you install TouchWare. First, you need to exit the TouchWare setup and then follow these steps to temporarily disable a com port.
- Open the Windows® Control Panel
- Double click on the "System" icon. If you are using the Control Panel in category view mode, double click on "Performance and Maintenance" and then click on "System".
- Select the "Hardware" tab.
- Select Device Manager - this will open the device list.
- Click the + sign next to Ports (Com and LPT)
- Click on the com port for the non-touch device and then click disable. You will need to disable all com ports that have a device other than our touch screen.
- Exit from the device manager
After you have completed the above steps and disabled all the com ports other than the one used for the touch screen, run the TouchWare setup and install the software. When you have completed the installation, follow the instructions above and enable the com ports that you disabled.