Electrostatic Discharge Training
To help create and maintain the highest standards of protection against ESD in the workplace, 3M offers several options for employee training and program development. A two-day, intensive workshop is conducted four times a year in Austin, Texas as a "train-the-trainer" or for the ESD program manager. Awareness, testing and measuring, standards development, and much more, comprise this course.
When employee training is needed, 3M can provide solutions as well. As part of our product support, 3M can deliver various versions of training for your organization, be it basic or advanced. Having the facts presented properly, in terms easily understood, can help facilitate your ESD control program.
3M is now offering a series of training modules taught on-site at your facility by 3M trained instructors.
Static Training Workshops at 3M Austin
3M has developed an in-depth training program on the subject of Static Control for the Electronics Industry. The course has been designed for those persons responsible for their company's ESD program or are interested in implementing proper ESD controls.
Level: Beginner to the intermediate level background.
Location: 3M Austin Center campus, Austin, Texas, US
Length: 2 days
Program cost: $799.00 US with class size limited
|2013 Class Schedule:
|| May 7 - 8, 2013
August 6 - 7, 2013
November 12 - 13, 2013
To register by phone or for more information, please call Mary Beth Tempesco, 866-722-3736, Ext. 1564.
- EOS (electrical overstress) and static events (ESD): detection, measurement, prevention
- Foundations of ESD: terminology, basic electricity and its relationship to ESD, basic ESD controls, how parts fail, models (HBM, CDM, MM)
- Grounding Principles
- Static Control Flooring
- Surfacing and Grounding Materials: applications and techniques
- Static Safe Packaging Materials: applications and technical requirements
- Ionization: what is it, how to properly test ionizers, how to effectively use ionization, different systems
- Personnel Grounding: examples, applications, considerations, methods
- Testing and Measuring: frequency of tests, methods, equipment, interpreting results, using and understanding appropriate tests, functional testing, hands-on workshop
- Continuous Wrist Strap and/or Workstation Monitoring: principles of operation, attributes, trends, and systems used
- Program Design and Implementation: static control as part of a Quality Management System
- ESD Standards
- ESD S20.20: what it is, how it works, implementation, use as a QMS