3M Petaluma, California
To be the preferred manufacturing and development facility for optical films and other light control applications.
Support the growth and success of all 3M Divisions by providing effective and agile response to our customers with creative solutions in process and product development, delivery of quality products, and continuous improvement in operational performance.
Everyone is a business person. We drive win-win relationships with customers.
- Understand the customer impact as well as business and financial consequences of every decision.
- Focus on results not the process; leverage process as a tool to achieve sustainable, optimized results.
- Getting results is never an excuse to compromise ethics. Exhibit personal integrity in all actions and commitments.
- Common sense rules over structure.
- Compete to win; always raise the bar.
- Drive profitable growth every day, balancing long-term perspective with short-term excellence.
- Integrate strong intellectual property strategy into all business plans.
We have high expectations of each other, and our relationship in guided by mutual trust and respect.
- Value each individual and his/her unique contributions.
- Trust that our co-workers will do the right things.
- Share unfiltered information up, down, and across the organization. Trust people to use the information responsibly.
We put team and business goals ahead of individual interests.
- Support actions that maximize our global results rather than trying to sub-optimize for one country or function.
- Blur the line between functions, while maintaining clear communications with all stakeholders.
- Know when to lead and when to follow. Recognize and draw from the strength of the whole team.
- Be hands on. We have no administrative managers.
- Expect everyone to speak up during decision-making process, but once decision is made, everyone must support.
- Build solutions that meet the needs of the maximum number of stakeholders.
We drive non-incremental growth through prudent risk taking.
- Be prepared to take prudent risks that help keep our business viable. Learn from our experience, which allows for more successful risk taking in the future.
- Decide and act with a sense of urgency. Focus on solutions not placing blame.
- When you see something that needs to be done, go do it. Take the initiative to do the right thing.
We are passionate about our business and our work. Life balance is important to sustainable success.
- Have a positive attitude and energize others.
- Work hard, play hard and have fun!
|3M Petaluma Facts (Year-end 2007)
||82,000 square feet
|Number of Divisions Served
|Number of product SKUs
|Number of Employees
|Average Length of Service
|Number of cities employees represent
|% of employees living outside Petaluma