Now with GPS communications capabilities! The 3M™ Dynatel M-iD Cable Locators are now compatible with select GPS/GIS field mapping instruments for real-time mapping of marker placement. It's a simple system for mapping marker placement and saving information directly into CAD and GIS systems.
The 3M™ Dynatel™ Cable/Pipe, Fault and Marker Locator 2273M-iD incorporate advanced electronics to quickly and efficiently locate conductor or sheath (earth return) faults and trace the path of underground cables and pipes (with metallic tracer wire). It provides accurate cable/pipe, or Sonde depth measurements, giving a digital readout in inches, feet and inches, or centimeters (user-selectable). Lightweight, compact and well balanced, these cable and pipe locators allow you to accurately and easily:
• Pinpoint the location and estimate the depth of all existing models of properly installed underground passive EMS markers
• Read, write and conduct direct depth reading of 3M™ iD markers
• Locate cable and pipe path
• Push button depth estimation of cable/pipe or sonde
• Measures signal current in the cable/pipe
• Identify cable using toning
• Passive locate of power cables
• Pinpoints sheath or ground faults and cable breaks
• Discriminates between light and heavy faults
Manufacturing Origin: USA
The designation that a product is Manufactured in the USA means the product undergoes substantial transformation in one of our U.S. Manufacturing plants. Some products contain imported components. Note: 3M products offered on a government contract that require country of origin representation must be certified by 3M Trade Compliance. Contact customer service at 800-245-3573 to request a certificate.