Drilling & Cementing
A variety of 3M technologies are enabling more efficient and productive oil exploration and drilling supplies for your operations. These materials, from specialty additives to superabrasives, are engineered for high performance under the most demanding conditions.
Lightweight oil well drilling fluids formulated with high-strength, density-reducing 3M™ Glass Bubbles provide:
- Downhole stability, control and cleaning
- At balance, near balance or underbalanced drilling
- Reduced risks of formation damage, circulation loss
More on Glass Bubbles for Drilling Fluids
Lightweight cement slurries formulated with 3M™ Glass Bubbles allow cementing deep wells in a single stage, reducing rig time and formation damage.
- Cost-effective alternative to aeration or water dilution
- High compressive strength
- Minimal wait on cement
More on Glass Bubbles for Deepwater Drilling