3M™ Stamark™ Removable Black Line Mask 715 is used to cover existing pavement markings for temporary traffic diversion during highway work zone construction. Removes cleanly from road surfaces.
- Polyurethane topcoat construction for superior durability and to enhance skid resistance.
- Durable for normal work zone life
- Easy to apply, pressure sensitive adhesive eliminates the need for surface preparation adhesive
- Roadway may be opened to traffic immediately
- Removes cleanly with no “ghost” markings or scarring
- Reinforcing net for easy removability
- Raised pattern profile
- Air and surface temperature of 60 degrees Fahrenheit and rising--see Information Folder 3.2 for additional details
- Topcoat Construction: Series 710 tape uses polyurethane to achieve superior durability to the wearing surface and to enhance bead adhesion. Superior durability means superior retained retroreflectivity, providing safer driving conditions for the motoring public.
- Raised Pattern Profile: The raised pattern 710 tape provides all weather reflectivity performance compared to a flat pavement material. The raised pattern also provides a vertical reflective surface, increasing the durability of the beads and providing better nighttime reflectivity.
- Bead Index of Refraction: A 1.5 or 1.9 index glass bead is the standard for competitive pavement marking products. Series 710 uses a blend of 1.9 index and 2.4 index microcrystalline ceramic beads which focuses more light back to the driver in all weather conditions.
- Acid Resistance: This measure is specific to microcrystalline beads and will pass the acid resistance test when performed on the microcrystalline ceramic beads. However, when performed on standard glass beads used in competitive products, the glass beads will fail to meet the acid resistance test. The basis of this test is to protect the beads from deteriorating against severe weather.
- Primerless, Ease of Application: Series 710 tape uses an aggressive pressure sensitive adhesive, eliminating the need for a surface preparation adhesive. Such a tape provides reduced installation costs, application time savings, increased labor productivity, and reduced traffic disruptions (increased safety).
- Reinforcing Net: Series 710 tape incorporates a durable reinforcing net within its pressure sensitive adhesive. The reinforcing net minimizes tearing of the tape for ease of removability.