Vehicle Information Management System
The Vehicle Information Management System processes plate manufacturing orders and streamlines the fulfillment processes. The software is designed to handle all vehicle license plate manufacturing orders to streamline the plant operations. It is especially designed to work with 3M Digital License Plate printer to automate the production processes.
- The system allows for configuring plate types and characteristics.
- Controls prohibited plate messages.
Plate Message generation
- Stores a list of shipping destinations, addresses, and methods.
Accepts electronic plate orders
Accepts manual plate orders
Delete / Cancel orders
Production / Manufacturing
- Organize plate orders into common attributes related to production method:
- Embossed or digital
- Ribbon set and sheeting
- Distribution location
- Release plate orders to production (to printer)
- Manage plate remakes
- Track the status and date of a plate/package through the manufacturing process (created, submitted t
- printer, complete and shipped)
- Update the status of a plate or package
- Search capabilities to view information on an order, plate or package
Packaging / Shipping
- Package Labels:
- Package Summary – Plate type and series
- Package Detail (list of plate messages contained in package)
- Shipping Label
- 2-D barcode which includes barcode messages from plates in package
- 1-D barcode containing package number
- Pallet management:
- Create and manage pallets - Ability to assign packages to pallets which allows managing pallet versus individual packages
- Create shipments
- Receive shipments
- Reassign plates to a new packages