3M has innovative, high-speed cabling solutions that enable density without sacrificing performance and provide excellent high-speed performance at a great value.
3M™ Twin Axial Cable
The 3M Twin Axial Cable solutions are the industry's first known flat, foldable and longitudinally shielded high-performance twin axial ribbon cables. 3M Twin Axial Cables can be used for high data-rate applications, meeting today's data-rate requirement of 6 Gbps and up to 25 Gbps, all while making sharp turns and folds with little or no impact on the cable's electrical performance and overall signal integrity (insertion loss, impedence, skew, jitter, EMI). 3M Twin Axial cables are InfiniBand certified.
Configurations: QSFP+, SFP+, external and internal miniSAS, and PCI Express
3M Twin Axial Cable Solutions provide:
- Low-profile + flexibility = improved airflow and lower energy costs
- Folded assemblies = high-density packaging
- Flexible cable solutions = fewer SKUs
- Potential cost-savings via FR4 and re-driver elimination
- Reliable high-speed performance
3M™ Active Optical Cable (AOC)
Low-Power. Low-Cost. High-Performance. Using industry leading VCSEL technology and an advanced new light-engine design, the 3M Active Optical Cable (AOC) Assembly provides exceptional cost/performance value. The direct attach QSFP+ and CX4 AOC assemblies deliver four channels of bi-directional data while using minimal energy per end.
- Low-power active optical cable
- Certified to the InfiniBand Integrator's List for 20 Gbps and 40 Gbps (DDR and QDR, respectively)
- Compliant with SFF, InfiniBand and ethernet specifications
- Up to 100 m in length