3M helps meet data center fire protection needs with its portfolio of fire barrier to limit the spread of fire and Novec 1230 Fire Protection Fluid to safely extinguish data center fires.
3M™ Novec™ 1230 Fire Protection Fluid
3M Novec 1230 Fire Protection Fluid is a highly-efficient clean agent alternative to HFCs, halons, water-based suppression systems, and inert gases – with properties ideally suited for data center fire suppression:
- Electrically non-conductive
- Rapidly vaporizes to gas during discharge
- Evaporates cleanly, leaving virtually no residue
- Does not damage electronics, electronic media and delicate mechanical devices
- Can be safely used on energized equipment, helping to ensure continuity of operations during a fire emergency
- Significant space and weight savings compared to inert gas and CO2
- Wide margin of safety in use
- Outstanding environmental profile (Non ozone-depleting, Five-day atmospheric lifetime, Global Warming Potential of 1)
See how 3M Novec fluid can be used for data center fire suppression (PDF 1.42MB)
Learn more about 3M Novec 1230 Fire Protection Fluid
Fire Protection Products
3M™ Fire Protection Products offer a full line of passive fire protection solutions, which include systems for through penetrations, construction joints (including perimeter gaps), grease and air duct protection and solutions for your emergency circuitry and structural steel need. 3M Fire Protection Products are designed to help protect buildings from the spread of fire, smoke and noxious gases.
3M fire protection products are an integral part of many well-designed fire protection systems, and 3M is committed to providing world-class technical support and comprehensive training programs to support its fire protection solutions. 3M stands behind our passive fire protection services with over 40 years of industry experience and dedication to providing effective life safety solutions.