Because of 3M's business success, 3M Menomonie is able to invest in innovative community programs that help make the future brighter for everyone. 3M employees and retirees also give generously of their time and professional talents to local organizations and agencies.
3M’s community giving targets education, health and human services, arts and culture, and environmental organizations that
- Are established, well-managed nonprofit groups that are classified as charitable organizations for tax purposes and located in 3M communities,
- Provide broad-based community support and have a reputation for high-quality service delivery and measurable results, and
- Develop close relationships with the community to identify changing needs.
2009 Community Giving
- United Way
- Chippewa Valley Training Center – NanoRite Facility
- Mabel Tainter Memorial Theater
- Oaklawn Harmony Center
- Interfaith Volunteers
- Economic Development Grants
- 3M State Wide Job Growth Incentive
- Cooperative Environmental Agreements
- Earth Day
- Jr. Achievement
In addition to the above giving, 3M Menomonie also provides gifts in kind to many local organizations.