The 3M™ Dynatel™ Locator 2273M-iD Series is designed to find the path and estimated depth of buried cables, pipes and markers, and the ability to find underground faults.
Four active trace frequencies which can be used individually or simultaneously to compensate for varying field conditions. The receiver incorporates passive power and auxiliary frequencies that do not require the use of the transmitter.
Graphic display to distinguish between targeted cable and other cables in congested area.
Accurate multi-antenna design for various user-selected locating modes—Directional Peak, Multi-Directional Null, plus a single antenna Special Peak mode for deep depths.
Directional mode utilizes all-peak antenna design for improved left/right guidance and accurate locates in challenging conditions.
Locate, write and read information into the 3M™ iD Electronic Marker System.
Precisely locates sheath or ground faults on both short and long cable sections.
Compatibility with select GPS/GIS field mapping instruments for real time mapping of electronic markers or pipe and cable facilities
The 3M™ Dynatel™ Cable/Pipe, Fault and Marker Locator 2273M-iD incorporate advanced electronics to quickly and efficiently locate conductor or sheath (earth return) faults and trace the path of underground cables and pipes (with metallic tracer wire). It provides accurate cable/pipe, or Sonde depth measurements, giving a digital readout in inches, feet and inches, or centimeters (user-selectable). Lightweight, compact and well balanced, these cable and pipe locators allow you to accurately and easily:
• Pinpoint the location and estimate the depth of all existing models of properly installed underground passive EMS markers
• Read, write and conduct direct depth reading of 3M™ iD markers
• Locate cable and pipe path
• Push button depth estimation of cable/pipe or sonde
• Measures signal current in the cable/pipe
• Identify cable using toning
• Passive locate of power cables
• Pinpoints sheath or ground faults and cable breaks
• Discriminates between light and heavy faults