3M™ Light Fiber
3M™ HL High Luminance Light Fiber
Neon and Cold Cathode Alternative
- Unlike neon and cold cathode, which is made of glass tubing segments, 3M™ HL High Luminance Light Fiber can be used to create visually uniform runs of decorative light that will not break, shatter or discharge environmentally hazardous gases.
- Typical installations use as much as 75% less energy than neon or cold cathode. Using LED Illuminators could use as much as 90% less energy.
- Installation is faster and less expensive than for neon or cold cathode; there is no need to wait for glass tubes to be specially made, it requires fewer electrical components, and it's easy and safe to install.
Typical applications include building perimeters, cove lighting, walkway lighting, and entertainment illumination. 3M™ HL High Luminance Light Fiber is exceptionally versatile for artistic displays and architectural designs.
3M™ HL High Luminance Light Fiber advantages over neon and cold cathode
- Visually Uniform illumination
- Will not break or shatter
- Up to 75% less energy cost with HID Illuminators and up to 90% less energy cost with LED Illuminators
- Real-time color change
- Permanently flexible
- Greater design flexibility
- Ideal for indoor and outdoor applications
- Easily spliced and connected
- No height placement restrictions
- No UV in transmitted light: will not cause radiation damage
- Remote light source
- No heat generation
- Cool to touch
- No electrical hazard along fiber
- No high voltages
- Safe around water