3M Irvine is very active with community involvement programs, and we have a positive impact on our local community. Through our California Community Relations Council, the 3M Irvine plant has supported these programs:
- Junior Achievement of Southern California. We have partnered annually with Junior Achievement to provide a “3M Day” in the Classroom for an elementary school in the area. Approximately 39 3M Irvine associates spent a day in the classroom teaching the free enterprise system and the value of staying in school.
- The Discovery Science Center - a non-profit organization dedicated to educating young minds, assisting teachers and increasing public understanding of science, math and technology through interactive exhibits and programs. Our associates and their families have had the opportunity to participate in 3M Family Days at The Discovery Science Center.
- Healthy Smiles for Kids of Orange County - a non-profit organization whose mission is to improve the oral health of children in Orange County through collaborations directed at prevention, education, treatment and advocacy.
- The American Red Cross - Wildfire Relief efforts in California.
- Olive Crest - an organization dedicated to preventing child abuse, to treating and educating at-risk children, and to preserving the family.
- Our plant has a year-round United Way Campaign with a variety of fundraising events.