3M Guin, Alabama
Message from the plant manager
The 3M Guin Plant is an economic mainstay of Guin and of Marion County and we are proud to have celebrated our 55th anniversary here.
We are part of 3M’s Traffic Safety Systems Division and are helping to make roadways all over the world safer for motorists and pedestrians. The reflective sheeting and pavement marketing materials, as well as the glass bubbles and ceramic microspheres that we manufacture are sold globally.
Since we broke ground in 1954, our facility has expanded nine times and employment has grown eightfold. Our physical plant is now six times its original size.
We will continue to secure a bright future by focusing on our goals:
- Safety of ourselves and our environment
- Quality products and services
- Service to our customers
- Cost reduction
To grow our plant and secure our future by being the best in the world at what we do.
To enable the divisions we serve to grow market share of Guin products by being the low cost manufacturer.
- Satisfy customers with superior quality, value and services.
- Provide investors an attractive return through sustained, quality growth.
- Respect our social and physical environment.
- Be a company that employees are proud to be a part of.
All Guin employees shall understand our customer expectations and are responsible for delivering products that fully meet these expectations.