3M℠ Cleaned Green Program
For more than 35 years, 3M has been an industry leader in environmental stewardship. We've harnessed this extensive expertise to help you meet your environmental goals. Take your facility's cleaning process to a higher level by measuring and communicating your results through the 3M℠ Cleaned Green Program's easy three-step environmentally preferable approach to cleaning.
Benefits of using green cleaning supplies:
- Minimize impact on human health and the environment
- Improve indoor air quality*
- Reduce water, chemical and energy waste
- Extend the life of flooring, carpets and furnishings
- Meet the requirements of new and emerging regulations and third-party certifications
- Communicate your environmental sustainability goals internally and externally
- As part of the 3M℠ Cleaned Green Program, you can receive help determining your eligibility for LEED® credits and certification.
- Access to 3M's highly trained field sales force and global technical support team ready to help you review, implement and address your organization's environmental goals and initiatives.
Download the 3M℠ Cleaned Green Program Brochure
* See epa.gov/iaq for the benefits of improving indoor air quality in the indoor environment (EPA-402-K-02-005).
A Simple Three-Step Process
- Select team members, set goals and establish timeline
- Assess your facility's current products, procedures and equipment
- Determine your facility's requirements for 3M℠ Cleaned Green cleaning products, procedures and equipment
- Begin awareness campaign and continuous feedback procedure
- Train facility managers and cleaning and maintenance staff about green cleaning supplies, procedures and equipment conversions
- Establish and maintain health and safety benefits awareness efforts
- Highlight staff recognition and advancement opportunities
- Document best practices
- Determine and pursue relevant third-party certifications such as ISSA, CIMS and LEED®
- Review and share results
- Promote and communicate internally with employees, residents and visitors
- Promote and communicate externally with your community and investors
3M℠ Cleaned Green Program Brochure Support
3M is committed to helping your environmentally preferable cleaning efforts succeed:
- The Environmentally Preferable Documentation Tool from 3M assists you in creating defined and measurable criteria for meeting your environmentally preferable
requirements through alignment with Executive Order 13423, "Strengthening Federal Environmental, Energy
and Transportation Management."
- Posters and cart cards can help you share information and instructions about the program to the cleaning staff.
- Customizable 3M℠ Cleaned Green Program Communication Vehicles: posters, table tents and window clings are designed to help you promote and communicate your participation in the 3M℠ Cleaned Green Program to building employees and visitors.
Work with a Leader
Sustainability is everyone's responsibility. 3M, with its legacy of proven technology and environmental leadership, can work with you to meet today's needs while allowing the next generation to meet their own. Benefit from 3M℠ Cleaned Green Program's many strengths, including:
- A global sales organization and technical support
- A broad product portfolio with a wide range of environmentally preferable options
- The strength of 3M green cleaning supplies, such as the 3M™ Twist 'n Fill™ Cleaning Chemical Management System, Scotchgard™ and Scotch-Brite™ products
- 3M Building and Commercial Services Division's offering of Green Seal™-certified chemicals
For more information about the 3M℠ Cleaned Green Program, contact your local 3M sales representative, email us, or call 1-800-626-8578.
LEED is a trademark of U.S. Green Building Council Non-Profit Corporation
Green Seal certified is a trademark of Green Seal, Inc.