Return to News
View 3M Customer Letter (PDF, 36 kB)
3M Customer Letter: Floor Pad and Hand Pad – Source of Supply
January 28, 2013
On January 24, 2013, Continental Commercial Products announced that it has decided to discontinue production of Glit non-woven hand pads and floor pads effective March 22, 2013, and to discontinue accepting orders for the affected products on February 22, 2013. As a result, Glit customers will look for new sources of supply for hand pads, floor pads, and sanding screens.
3M stands ready to assist your company and help ensure that your company has a reliable and stable source of supply. 3M invented the first synthetic non-woven floor pad and hand pad in 1958. Now, 55 years later, 3M continues to invest globally in non-woven product development, manufacturing, and supply of hand pads, floor pads, and sanding screens.
The 3M Value Proposition
- Steady, reliable source of supply for over 50 years.
- 3M is the #1 supplier of floor and hand pads in the world, with experienced floor and hand pad sales representatives to train your team.
- A portfolio of trusted and proven brands: Scotch-Brite™, 3M™, and Niagara™ brands.
- Wide line of products designed for a variety of cleaning and maintenance tasks.
- Every 3M™ pad contains uniform mineral abrasive coating throughout the pad, which leads to longer useful lives for the pads.
- State of the art non-woven manufacturing plants around the world.
- Continued investment and innovation in non-woven research and product development.
- Full time Technical Service Team to answer your questions (1-800-626-8578).
- Experienced and proven private label manufacturing capabilities.
3M has a proven long-term track record of providing non-woven cleaning products to the janitorial-sanitation and food service industries. The originators are still the innovators!
3M is ready to supply you now. Please call 1-800-852-9722 (janitorial/sanitation) or 1-800-698-4595 (food service/processors) to discuss how 3M can help meet your needs.