What is 3M ECM?
- A UL certified and RoHS compliant embedded capacitance laminate with high capacitive density that can be embedded into PCBs and chip packages
- Functions as either a power ground plane or a singulated, discrete capacitor where it performs especially well as a low-pass filter
- Demonstrated compatibility with standard PCB fabrication and assembly processes, including lead-free
» Learn more about 3M ECM
Why use 3M ECM?
- Reduce design spins and thereby time to market by addressing PCB impedance, power bus noise and EMI issues earlier in the design cycle
- Create better products by reducing PCB impedance, power bus noise, and EMI as well as increasing usable board area via simplified PCB layouts
- Lower total system costs by improving assembly yields, panel utilization, and reliability resulting from simplified PCB layouts
» Learn more about the benefits of 3M ECM
Why work with 3M?
- No 3M license required which provides both strong value as license fees/royalties are not built into the cost of product ownership and also a greater choice of fabricators
- Significant application expertise resulting from being a pioneer in the development of high performance embedded capacitance materials
- Global reach that offers local application and manufacturing support from 3M engineers as well as local converting in the U.S. and Asia for better lead times
» Learn more about the benefits of a 3M Partnership