- Evaporates cleanly and completely during discharge
- Leaves no residue to clean up
- Is electrically non-conductive, non-corrosive and compatible with most metals, plastics and elastomers
- Is ideal for protecting high value assets such as electronics, electronic media and delicate mechanical devices that are vulnerable to conventional water, foam and dry chemical extinguishing agents
Special hazards applications typically include the presence of people, so life safety becomes a critical issue. 3M™ Novec™ 1230 Fire Protection Fluid's low toxicity and wide margin of safety gives occupants more time to evacuate the area after a system discharge.
- Non ozone-depleting
- Five-day atmospheric lifetime
- Global Warming Potential of 1
This environmental profile is unmatched by any other halogenated agent, and helps make 3M™ Novec™ 1230 Fire Protection Fluid today's long-term solution for protecting high value assets.