Please click here to redirect to the new 3M™ Novec™ site.
3M™ Novec™ 1230 Fire Protection Fluid offers a number of important advantages over other clean agents and CO2 in marine applications.
Its low acute toxicity, combined with high extinguishing efficiency, give Novec 1230 fluid a significant margin of safety, even at relatively high extinguishing concentrations, making Novec 1230 fluid ideal for occupied spaces including
- Engine and pump rooms
- Paint lockers
- Communication and control centers
- Saves space and weight
- Fast extinguishment
- Allows flexibility in design
- No restriction of shipping
- Is non-corrosive and electrically non-conductive, so it will not harm delicate electronics, radar, navigation and other equipment
- Evaporates quickly and completely
- Leaves no residue
- Can be safely used on energized equipment, helping to ensure continuity of operations during a fire emergency
Registrations and Certifications:
Fire protection systems incorporating 3M™ Novec™ 1230 Fire Protection Fluid, developed and sold by leading systems manufacturers, have been registered and certified by a growing number of marine approval authorities:
- Non ozone-depleting
- Five-day atmospheric lifetime
- Global Warming Potential of 1
This environmental profile is unmatched by any other halogenated agent, and helps make 3M™ Novec™ 1230 Fire Protection Fluid today's long-term solution for protecting your high value assets.
Available in the following languages: