3M Nonwoven Fabrics possess an expansive adaptability that can be used in a variety of applications, most commonly in water and dairy filtration systems. The growing capabilities of our state-of-the-art factory allow us to customize nonwoven constructions to meet and adapt to customer specifications.
3M has been on the leading edge of nonwoven technology since first discovering a unique process for binding fibers together in the 1940s, with our products endlessly adapted by different manufacturers.
Since the days of our 3M™ Sasheen™ Decorative Ribbons, the nonwoven family tree has grown to include:
- Medical supplies
3M™ thermally-bonded nonwoven materials are used as a core component in filtration systems for:
-Densification minimizes residual fibers.
-Fully customizable options
3M's nonwoven films have very low cross web and machine web variability, which is critical for consistent dielectric performance results.
- Compatible with standard electrical-rade impregnating resins.
- Strong and saturable material with ultrasonic splices invisible to most customers' processes and allow for uniformity of weight and thickness.
- Customizable rolls can be used for application- focused alternatives to unique manufacturing challenges like carriers or separators.
- Short lead times.
3M's consistent cross and machine film strength is key to the functionality of electrical applications.
- Nonwoven laminates work well as electrical barriers.
- Carriers/separators are applicable as release liners during processing.
3M is unique in offering the following services for stand-alone calendering and laminating with steel and felt calendering rolls, from 2,000 pli and 500 F up to 2m wide.
- Multi-layer laminating: run as many as 5 layers to 1 layer output
- Inline process and adaptability to customer requirements
- Slitting services customizable to customers' roll lengths and widths
- Can return and drop ship
- In-house R&D and customer service
- Short lead times.
The following properties make 3M nonwoven fabrics essential components in a wide array of industries:
Resilience and semi-permeability
Necessary as a core component in many filtration systems.
Superior strength and dielectric performance
Ideal as electrical insulators in machines of all sizes.
3M Nonwovens can be manufactured to be:
- Liquid absorbent or repellant
- …and works as a bacterial barrier
To discuss your unique needs with one of our engineers, please call: 1-978-420-0001
To download or print this content please view our product brochure.