History of 3M Detroit
The 3M Detroit facility was acquired from Michigan Abrasives in 1981. The plant was constructed in 1950, with only minor footprint changes occurring since initial construction. Since opening, the roots of the plant have stayed constant, with a primary focus on abrasive manufacturing.
Today, the 3M Detroit plant is an 110,000 square foot facility with highly skilled employees involved in the manufacture of abrasive products. Within 3M, we are part of the Industrial and Transportation Business.
We are proud to be a member of the Detroit community for over 25 years.