Our success begins by applying our 40 core technologies – often in combination – to an endless array of real-world customer needs in our manufacturing facilities. Much of the fundamental R&D for both the Film and Materials Divisions is performed in our St. Paul R&D facilities, however, eleven of the forty core 3M Technolgies are practiced and continuously improved at the Decatur location.
- Adhesives (Ad)
- Analytical Science and Technology (An)
- Display (Di)
- Flexible Converting and Packaging (Fc)
- Films (Fi)
- Molding (Mo)
- Polymer Melt Processing (Pm)
- Precision Processing (Pp)
- Process Design and Control (Pr)
- Specialty Materials (Sm)
- Surface Modification (Su)
For more information about 3M's technologies, visit our Technologies page.