History of 3M Cumberland
The original 3M building was constructed by the city of Cumberland in 1950 and leased to 3M. In 1953 there was an addition, and in 1960 3M purchased the property and buildings from the city and completed a second addition. In 1980 a high bay warehouse was added.
The roots of the plant are primarily in sandpaper converting operations, however, over the years the plant has evolved and diversified into other core business such as floor pads, lapping films, microfinishing films, and superabrasives.
We’re proud to be a member of the Cumberland community for more than 60 years.