Community Giving Nonprofits Eligibility Guidelines 3M U.S.
If you were invited to apply for a cash or product donation, or to verify a matching gift, visit our Nonprofits page
To learn more about 3M giving, review our Giving Areas.
Giving targets communities where 3M has a facility. See Where We Give (PDF, 74K)
- In St. Paul, Minn., and Austin, Texas, all proposals are invited.
- In all other 3M U.S. communities, send a letter of inquiry to the local facility addressed to “3M Plant Manager.”
- Outside the United States, direct requests to the 3M office in that country. See 3M locations.
Criteria is the same for cash and product donations targeting communities where 3M has a facility. Most product donations are invited through 3M Supplies4Schools and 3M Supplies4Nonprofits programs. All other product donations are for targeted projects with a minimum value of $1,000.
The following organizations are not eligible for support:
- Government agencies
- Hospitals, clinics or nursing homes
- Treatment centers or hospice programs
- Individual K-12 schools
- Religious, fraternal or social
- Scholarship funds
The following activities are not eligible for support:
- Advocacy and lobbying efforts to influence legislation
- Conferences, seminars, workshops or publications of their proceedings
- Film/video production
- Fundraising, testimonial, athletic and special events
- Playground or athletic equipment
Take the prescreening assessment, which is a series of questions that lead into the application process. Please keep in mind that there is no guarantee of support if an application is submitted.