3M Building & Commercial Services Division Online Customer Research Program
Official Rules and Participation Agreement
Program Sponsor: 3M Building & Commercial Services Division, 3M Company – 3M Center Building 0223-02-N-20, St. Paul, MN 55144
The 3M B&CSD Online Customer Research Program ("CRP") is a team of customer volunteers who provide feedback and reactions to B&CSD products and solutions in their natural intended environments. Customers may participate in consumer surveys, field trials, product tests and/or product opinion surveys.
The CRP is open to customers who work in the food service industry, who have the authority to approve a test within their establishment, and are willing to provide unbiased feedback. Customers must be legal residents of the United States and eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. All entrants must have a valid email address, mailing address, and phone number. Only one registration per person is allowed. Certain other restrictions may apply.
Customers may join the 3M CRP team by accessing the 3M Internet Web site at: www.3m.com/foodservice and following the instructions for registration. Customers must submit an application and agree to the terms of the Participation Agreement set forth below, either by clicking on the "I've read and agree to the Customer Research Program's official rules" check box, or by printing and signing the agreement and mailing it to 3M at the address set forth below.
I have been invited and am interested in participating in new product evaluations (“Evaluations"”) with 3M Company (“3M”) relating to test market 3M products. During the course of the Evaluations, I may be privy to certain 3M confidential information, and may provide comments, suggestions, ideas, information, and the like (collectively “Confidential Information”) regarding 3M products.
For good and valuable consideration, including the opportunity, to participate in the 3M Customer Research Program, test, evaluate and provide feedback on confidential test market products developed by 3M Building and Commercial Services Division, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged,
I hereby agree as follows:
- I agree to maintain in confidence any Confidential Information disclosed by or to me during the Evaluations. I agree not to disclose Confidential Information to any third party, and agree to protect the Confidential Information to prevent its unauthorized disclosure. The Confidential Information may include business and technical information regarding 3M products including new product ideas, new uses for existing products, modifications to existing products, and product samples relating to a new or existing product or products.
- I agree to use the Confidential Information only for the purpose of the Evaluations, and shall not otherwise use the Confidential Information or any comments, answers or ideas relating thereto for my own benefit or the benefit of any third party.
- I agree not to print, duplicate or otherwise reproduce any Confidential Information in any manner or form.
- I agree to return or destroy all materials from the Evaluations at the request of 3M, including any notes or other records. Following the Evaluations, I agree not to reveal to, or discuss with any third party any Confidential Information, notes, comments, or ideas from the Evaluations.
- I agree to freely provide comments, answers, suggestions, and ideas regarding the subject matter of the Evaluations without the expectation of any form of compensation now or in the future. If I make any suggestions that may be patentable, I agree to assign and do hereby assign all right, title, and interest therein, to 3M or its designated affiliate, and will assist in the execution of all documents, and doing such other acts as may be required to enable the filing of patent applications in the United States and throughout the world.
ii. Privacy Notice
- Important Legal Information
iii. Return of Property
I understand that all of the test market products I may use during the CRP remain the confidential and exclusive property of 3M before, during and after the Evaluation. I will not loan, sell or give the products to anyone else. After testing, or whenever 3M shall request their return, if a return is requested, I shall promptly return all test market products and information to 3M. Depending on the study, test market products may require ‘after-use’ testing. In the case that 3M requests a product return, 3M agrees to return the test market goods to the participant after final testing is complete.
iv. Photos and Images
I understand that I may be asked to submit photos during the course of the CRP. I do not claim and expressly waive to 3M any copyright or other right in any photograph or image provided as part of the CRP.
v. Surveys and Online Studies
3M may request from me consumer market data including, but not limited to, buying habits, purchasing behaviors and product preferences. By signing this agreement, I agree that my responses will be forthright to the best of my abilities and I will not intentionally deceive 3M in the answers. I further agree that online surveys sent to my email address will be completed in a timely manner, at risk of my results being void from the survey profile. I understand that online surveys will be completed at my discretion, without penalty to my status in the program.
vi. Field Testing – Release and Assumption of Risk
Before participating in any CRP or using any test market products provided for testing by 3M, I will personally inspect the test market products prior to use. If I believe anything is unsafe, I will immediately advise 3M. I acknowledge that 3M has made no representations as to the suitability, condition or safety of any product in a CRP. I will consider and evaluate the nature, scope and extent of any risks involved in participating in the CRP, including, but not limited to, any risks arising out of the test market products, and I voluntarily and freely chose to assume any risks. I fully and forever release and discharge 3M, its subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, agents, affiliates and all others involved in the CRP from any and all injuries, losses, damages, claims, demands, lawsuits, expenses, and/or any other liability of any kind, of or to me directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with my wearing or testing of any test market products and participation in the CRP, even if it is due to the negligence or other fault of the released parties.
vii. Taxes and Transfers
I understand that all federal, state, and local taxes and other expenses not specified herein are my responsibility.
viii Use of the 3M Company Trade Names
I agree that I shall not be entitled to use any 3M trade names or trademarks for any purposes whatsoever.
I acknowledge and agree that 3M may terminate my participation in the CRP and this agreement at any time with or without cause and without any prior notice.
I further acknowledge that completing an application and being eligible for the CRP does not guarantee that I will be chosen to participate. 3M will select CRP participants based on their demographic profiles and the objectives of the consumer research study.
x. Choice of Law and Forum
This agreement shall be construed and the rights of the parties shall be determined in accordance with the laws of the State of Minnesota. I agree that if I commence any lawsuit or action against 3M arising out of or in any way relating to this Agreement or the CRP, it shall be filed in a federal or state court of competent jurisdiction in Ramsey County, Minnesota.
xi. Complete Agreement
- I agree to be a participant in the Customer Research Program for a period of 2 years starting on the date of membership activation.
I agree that this agreement is the full and complete agreement and understanding between 3M and me as to the subject matter of this agreement and that there are no other oral or written agreements. I agree that this agreement may only be modified in writing signed by me and by an authorized representative of 3M.
I have read this agreement carefully and I understand its content and voluntarily agree to its terms.