Prior to applying, clean and dry wound and surrounding skin thoroughly.
1. Peel away the printed liner from the paper-framed dressing, exposing the adhesive surface.
2. Apply dressing over wound. DO NOT STRETCH the dressing when applying.
3. Remove the paper frame from the dressing while smoothing down the edges.
Directions for Removal:
Gently lift edge of dressing, slowly peel from skin in direction of hair growth. Change dressing if it begins to leak, is no longer sticking to skin, or there are holes or tears in dressing.
Additional Directions for I.V. Use:
1. Viewing the catheter site through the dressing, center dressing around the puncture site. Secure the film around the catheter and press the dressing firmly into place.
2. Press down on the dressing edges as you remove the paper frame. Apply slight pressure over the entire dressing to help it stick.
3. Inspect catheter site daily without removing dressing. Call your physician or health care professional if you notice any itching, burning, rash, or signs of infection: fever, pain, redness, or swelling.
CAUTION: The NexcareTM TegadermTM Waterproof Transparent Dressings are not intended for application over infected wounds or serious burns. Refer to package insert for complete cautions and instructions.