This splice kit is a 15 kV-class inline splice for joining tape, longitudinally corrugated (LC), wire and UniShield(R) shielded power cables. It is a cold shrink design sized to fit Type MV-90 cables with a copper conductor size of 1 AWG.
• Cold Shrink Design - for quick and easy installation; excellent for cable size transitions
• Complete Kit - includes everything required to make one splice
• Silicone Rubber Construction - for good high and low temperature performance
• High Ampacity Shield - faults current rated for 15,000 Amps for 15 cycles, neutral current rated for 350 Amps.
• Production Tested - partial discharge and A.C.withstand tests to ensure reliability
• Computer Aided Design - for compact size and optimal distribution of electrical field
• Special Electrode Design - minimizes electrical stress at critical cable/splice interface
Applications For splicing 15 kV shielded power cables:
• For inline splicing
• For feeder and distribution circuits
• For tape & Longitudinally corrugated (LC) shielded cables.
• For wire shielded and UniShield(R) cables.
• For copper or aluminum conductors
• For size transition splicing
• For direct burial installations
• For submerged locations