A variety of options for tamper-evident protection
3M™ Tamper-Indicating Label Materials fracture from many surfaces when label removal is attempted. Tamper-indicating options include "void" messages, triangle shapes, or destructible facestocks. Adhesives provide permanent or non-permanent marking on numerous substrates.
• Aluminum Foil facestocks in 3M™ Metal Foil Tapes are available in aluminum, aluminum reinforced and lead backings.
• Acetate films are hard and tear easily, working well for security seals. Available in destructible and non-destructible grades and colors of white, clear and matte clear.
• Polyester films are rigid with high tensile strength and excellent dimensional stability. Biaxially-oriented, they have high tear resistance but are notch sensitive. They offer optimal clarity for overlaminate applications and excellent outdoor durability, chemical and moisture resistance. Not recommended for curved surfaces. Available in white, clear and metallized.
• Polyethylene films are soft, conformable and available in low, medium and high densities. They have high tear resistance, high elongation and low tensile properties. They offer excellent conformability and good moisture resistance. Available in white, matte white or clear.
• Vinyl films are multipurpose and available in flexible, semi-rigid or rigid finishes. They burn in flame, but are self-extinguishing when removed. They offer low tear resistance and low dimensional stability with excellent conformability, good moisture resistance and outdoor durability. Available in medical grades and in colors of white, clear, black, yellow and translucent.