Excellent protection for printed labels exposed to harsh conditions
3M™ Overlaminate Materials provide excellent protection for printed label materials in harsh environments. They offer durability and resistance to abrasion, chemical exposure, high temperatures and weather exposure.
• Acetate films are hard, fragile and tears easily, making them ideal for security seals. Available in destructible and non-destructible grades and colors of white, clear and matte clear.
• Acrylic films are printable, UV resistant and suited for outdoor applications. Available in clear and white.
• Acylar films have excellent clarity and UV resistance that provides five years of outdoor durability, making them ideal for long term outdoor applications.
• Lexan films can be used to achieve the attractive appearance of subsurface screen printed polycarbonate.
• Polyester films have high tensile strength and excellent dimensional stability. Biaxially-oriented, they offer high tear resistance, but are notch sensitive. They have optimal clarity, excellent outdoor durability and chemical and moisture resistance. These films are not recommended for curved surfaces. Available in white, clear and metallized.
• Polypropylene films are semi-hard with high tear resistance and good dimensional stability. They have high tensile strength but are notch sensitive. They offer good conformability, chemical and moisture resistance and outdoor durability. Available in white, clear, metallized, and matte clear.
• Vinyl films serve multiple purposes and are flexible, semi-rigid or rigid. They burn in flame, but are self-extinguishing when removed. They have low tear resistance and low dimensional stability but excellent conformability, good moisture resistance and outdoor durability. Offered in medical grades, they are available in white, clear, black, yellow and translucent.