To seal plate edges against ink and solvent penetration that can weaken mounting tape strength, 3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 425 applies easily, bonding on contact and conforming over the plate edge.
3M™ Aluminum Foil Tapes 425 and 427 are 5 mil nominal dead soft aluminum foil backing combined with a transparent acrylic adhesive. 3M Aluminum Foil Tape 427 offers an easy-release liner. Best results obtained when applied to a clean, dry surface above 32°F (0°C).
- Aircraft paint stripping maskant.
- Moisture barrier in “white goods” appliances.
- General purpose heat reflector and heat dissipater. Aluminum backing provides excellent reflection of both heat and light.
- Mechanically hold wires and cooling coils in “white goods” appliances.
- Repair tears on truck trailers and aircraft.
- Splicing of thin gauge foils.
- General purpose holding, patching, sealing applications – indoors and out.
- Flame resistant. Meets U.L. 746C (File E 122798) and 723, Class “L” low flammability rating (File R 7311).
- 3M aluminum foil tape 425 can be certified to meet SAE-AMS-T-23397 and L-T-80B.
- Meets requirements of F.A.R. 25.853(a).
- The very low moisture vapor transmission rate makes these tapes a good sealant.
- The acrylic adhesive, combined with the durable aluminum backing, offers ideal properties for long serviceable life in and outdoors.
- Good candidate as a maskant in electroplating of aluminum because it will not contaminate the bath.